DJI Phantom 3 Specs & Drone Info (Updated Feb. 2016)
Phantom 3 Pro:
Ultra-HD 4K Video
Live HD Streaming to YouTube
Seamless App Integration
Updated Feb. 2016
Following in the footsteps of its immensely popular Phantom 2 drone series, DJI unveiled the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced.
Here's what you'll need to know about DJI's latest creation:
As far a new releases go, much of the Phantom 3 follows the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" line. The Phantom 2 platform with its advanced flying capabilities and styling is instantly recognizable on DJI's newest quadcopter. But there are upgrades, especially to the Phantom 3 Professional, drone enthusiats are excited about.
Both versions of the Phantom 3 now come standard with a three-axis gimbal and camera setup. While the Advanced model shoots in 2.7K video, DJI has fitted the Phantom 3 Pro with a 4K camera. Past versions of the Phantom series allowed for the switching of gimbals and cameras, but DJI replaces that with its own non-detachable camera and gimbal. In addition to the new high definition cameras, upgrades to DJI's Pilot app enables full control over camera. A range of camera settings including shutter speed and exposure compensation can be adjusted from the remote control or app with the Phantom 3 in the air.
In keeping with the high definition theme, DJI has also fitted the Phantom 3 with remote HD video streaming straight to a mobile device or tablet. Utilizing DJI's Lightbridge technology, the Phantom 3 can travel up to 1.2 miles under complete control all while displaying live streaming 720p HD from the camera. Phantom 3 pilots can now engage with the online community while on locaton by sharing their flights live on YouTube or editing and sharing them directly from the app.
As a final added caveat, DJI has fashioned the Phantom 3 with its Visual Positioning system similar to DJI's pro model the Inspire 1. The Phantom 3 can now hover in place, take off and a land without GPS, all of which give it indoor flying ability that previous Phantom models lacked.
Here's a brief rundown of Phantom 3's technical specs:
- Weight with Battery and Propellers: 1280g
- Diagonal Lenght including Propellers: 590mm
- Hover Accuracy: +/- 10cm vertical, +/- 1cm horizontal
- Max Speed: 16m/s (ATTI mode, no wind)
- Mobile App: DJI Pilot
- Required Operating System: iOS 8.0 or later, Android 4.1.2 or later
While unveiling of the new Phantom 3 got the attention of drone enthusiats and even quite a few newbies, Drone World's Phantom 3 Kits have the eye of the "pro-sumer" looking to take their adventures even farther.
Featured in the industry's first Phantom 3 Kits are an array of add-ons and upgrades from Drone World. The final result is a Phantom 3 with superior control, upgraded coverage and custom styling.
Here's a brief rundown of what you get from a Drone World Phantom 3 kit:
- Phantom 3 Professional Gold Edition with additional battery: Ready to fly right out of the box, you get the latest and greatest Phantom from DJI with 4k camera and additional battery for added flight time.
- Custom Phantom 3 Case: Store your new Phantom and it's accessories safely and securely in our customized hard case. Choose from white or black case.
- Self-tightening Carbon Fiber Propellers: An industry 1st, exclusive to Drone World. Self-tightening carbon fiber propellers are a lightweight and strong upgrade on DJI's stock propellers giving you more control and power.
- DW Neck Harness Lanyard: Remain in complete control of your drone by securing your remote control to our customized neck lanyard.
Have a look at Drone World's Phantom 3 kits and Phantom3 accessories today!